Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I smiled






                                                 I smiled, even in my sorrow 

                                                 I smiled to keep me going.
                                                        I smiled because it gave me strength.
                                                       I smiled because it helped me hide my real 
                                                    feelings.
                                                      I smiled even if I was crying.
                                                    I smiled to keep on trying.
                                                 I smiled for my kids.
                                                       I smiled for my parents and siblings.
                                                          I smiled for my friends. I even smiled for him.
                                                      I smiled when my heart was aching.
                                                I smiled when I felt lonely.
                                                   I smiled when I felt hopeless.
                                                    I smiled when I felt insecure.
                                                     I smiled when I felt I was nothing.
                                               I smiled because I have too.
                                                          I smiled because it gave me strength to change
                                                I smiled because I was done.
                                                     I smiled because I knew I deserved better
                                                  I smiled because I was out of it.
                                                 Now, I smile because I deserve it. 
                                                          I smile because I don't have to take it anymore.
                                                              I smile because life has given me a second
                                                       chance.
                                                      I smile because i want to. 
                                                                                                                                                      Tere Rodriguez-Nora