Monday, July 21, 2014

Profession vs work




Are you like me? You have a profession but you work on something else? 
I know there are a lot of people that are like me, like us.

I am a Nationally Certified Counselor with a Master in School Counseling and a certification on Distance Counseling and I am working as an Educational Representative for a publishing house.
Sadly, I haven't found a job in my profession. I've been in interviews but no job afterwards because I don't have the necessary experience. 
Ok, give me my first job in the counseling field so I can get that experience you are talking about.
You know, all who started working for the first time did not have the experience. They all needed that first job to start building it.

As I said, I am a counselor but my job is as an educational representative. I promote and sell Spanish books and textbooks in Florida. Never would I think that I'll be on the sales campus. This is my first experience in this field. Someone just trusts me and believes in me even though I didn't have the experience of working as a sales person before. 
It has been really difficult to learn how to sell. I am not build for that. 
Every time I go to a school to offer some books I get frustrate. There I am in a school setting but not as a counselor. 
I have to tell you it's been really hard.
Some will say: "At least you have a job". And I know they are right but I want my counseling job. I prepared on the field to get the job. I have a loan; I studied for 3 years a master, and passed the necessary exams in order to be a counselor.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful I have this job but... I want my counseling one.

Can you relate with this? Let me know





No comments:

Post a Comment